Friday, October 23, 2009

Strength is in the numbers!

Wow! Another great week of training team!

Can't you feel the energy begin to bubble as you get further into each session?

Each week while your fitness level is showing improvement your inhibitions for pushing yourself continue to lower.
Thats a sign of fitness and improved health. Thats what I'm talking about!

Another huge thanks to Team TCF Coach Marcee Mygatt, or as we lovingly refer to as , M2. Marcee is a great motivator with a huge heart for teaching and a thirst for knowlege...and I feel we're lucky to have her.


So lets talk about step 2 in what it takes to make positive changes in our brain that will last a lifetime or professionally speaking, Cognitve Restructuring.


Accept Responsibility- You already named it and figured out what was the prison guard in your mental prison so now OWN IT.

As an adjective, the word OWN means- pertaining to, or belonging to oneself or itself
and as a VERB it means to acknowledge or admit.

It doesn't get any plainer than that.


My wife Paige and I do our very best to help our kids take ownership in their own "Junk" because we know it is going to ultimately be up to them some day to make their own decisions that will determine their outcomes.


I don't know about you but I'm a huge fan of quotes. My office window is surrounded by them because it's nice to know that there are others who have gone through what we go through. 

For example, Did you ever experience the feeling at the card store that " oh my goodness, this is the perfect card. It is exactly how I feel! Well, did you really think they wrote it for YOU?

Of course not. They wrote it because they,like tens of thousands of others have experienced it too. 

Universally you are not alone on how you may feel but you ARE alone when it comes to taking ownership in your stuff. 

One of my favorites and my mantra on this topic states:
If it is to be, It is up to me!
You must win back control of your mind because ONLY YOU CAN CHANGE YOU!

Until next time...Get FIT, Stay FIT!

Your fitness Coach,

Billy

http://www.billycorbettsretrofit.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment